Saturday, October 23, 2010

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Okay, not really...actually, I feel pretty good about how this little experiment turned out. I'm not thrilled with his hands or his eyes, but I knew those would be my biggest challenge.

I enjoy a variety of stitching activities, including embroidery, but often struggle coming up with or really settling on a pattern or idea. I know that I want to do a series of pop culture pieces, including my favorite film and television quotes.

Thursday night, I decided to jump in, stop overthinking it and just start stitching. I borrowed this image comes from a Clone Wars coloring book [Star Wars Troopers Sticker Play Book to Color (Star Wars; the Clone Wars); no copyright infringement intended--just needed an image to get me started].

Today, I stopped at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores and picked up some red and black fat quarters that I may use to trim this out or that may become part of a patchwork if I try some more redwork based on the Clone Wars characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment